Open Water Courses
This program is specifically designed to introduce individuals and families to the sport of snorkeling and to appeal to families planning a vacation in warm, tropical water. You will learn:
- How to select and adjust proper-fitting equipment (mask, snorkel, and fins)
- How to use a mask and snorkel at the surface
- How to use proper kicking techniques
- How to clear your mask and snorkel
- How to make shallow surface dives
In addition, this program increases confidence in water activities for the entire family. Requirements:
- There is no minimum age.
- Parents or guardians must be there for those under the age of 15.
- You will need to be able to swim 50 yards (46 meters) using any stroke with no time limit.
This course is the next step in the progression of training for a scuba diver that has completed the Open Water Diver certification. It adds five additional dives to the diver’s education and experience. Open water training is the primary objective of this course. Requirements:
- The minimum age is 15yrs. old (12-14 for Junior Open Water)
- You will complete a medical questionnaire
- You must be a certified Open Water Diver or equivalent from another recognized agency
- You will participate in Night, Navigation, and Deep Open Water dives, as well as other experiences